One of OpenMPE's board members, Matt Perdue, is launching a disaster recovery (DR) business this month. Recovery can be a complex project for a company that doesn't know your HP 3000 and its needs.
But Perdue's Hill Country Technologies is the home of the famous $5 HP 3000, that system which went on auction last summer at an outrageous discount. In fact, we wouldn't be surprised to hear that the very same system is part of the Hill Country's DR outlay.
So you know that this DR host knows your systems. Hill Country Technologies yesterday announced the availability of disaster recovery and application service provider hosting solutions to the HP 300 community. Other platforms will be supported as needed for clients.
Perdue reports that his company's available facilities are:
- A commercial computer room/data center installation, downtown San Antonio, TX,
- located at major North-South-East-West transit for voice and IP traffic from Florida to California and Mexico/South America to Chicago
- building security: key tag entry at building entrance, electronic lock at suite
- computer room security: camera monitored 24x7x365
- rack space: lockable racks can include alarm monitoring and web cam viewing
- electrical: building power in ‘downtown loop’ that hasn’t had a power failure in more than 20 years; 110-220 single and triple phase available; DC available
- air conditioning: in suite monitored and kept at 65-66 24x7x365
- bandwidth: 1-100Mb available, 1Mb commit minimum, burstable to 100Mb without operator intervention required (use it any time you need it). Bandwidth is multi-homed from three providers, routers are using BGP
- hosting: your box(es) or ours, based on rack space needed and bandwidth
- network monitoring: 24x7x365 for traffic, uptime and alarms
- data security: Cisco and Linux based VPN connections supported
- service level agreements available
- site is 10-25 minutes (depending on traffic) from San Antonio International airport
- full-time certified electrician available 24x7x365
These services are suitable for any companies wishing to comply with auditor’s and SEC requirements for disaster recovery plans, application hosting or system availability for remote historical records access. Long term plans available, terms from 1 to 5 years with renewals. Client and/or auditor site visits welcomed.
For further information and to discuss your company’s specific requirements, please contact:
Hill Country Technologies, Inc.
PO Box 460091
San Antonio TX 78246-0091