March 15, 2017
3000 job fills at mainframe's speed
Public listings of HP 3000 positions can be tricky to track. A Web search I run with Google tagged an opening in Pennsylvania last week. Google will track a search term and email results to you. Although "HP3000" returns a lot of pages about 3000-horsepower motors, it sometimes unearths news.
The position looked like a classic one and didn't seem to be related to migration work, although it's hard to verify the latter. The immediate opportunity, posted by David Mortham of staffing firm The Fountain Group was for an "HP 3000 Mainframe Engineer."
We are seeking a HP 3000 Mainframe Engineer for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Collegeville, PA. Details for the position are as follows:
- Good knowledge in HP3K Mainframe.
- Good Experience with COBOL, Suprtool, Cognos Quiz, QTP and MPEX.
- Able to work on enhancements as per the business requirements.
- Able to troubleshoot issues within HP Mainframe Environment.
- Able to handle the technical production support issues
- Prepare technical documentation for various processes flow applications.
- Able to manage business requirements, writing business requirement documents / technical design documents.
- Excellent design and technical query writing skills.
It's all there: Powerhouse 4GL, aided by top tools MPEX and Suprtool, with the applications in COBOL. It wasn't available less than a week after the March 6 posting. 3000s can not only be as fast as any mainframe, the remaining openings in 2017 move off the market at similar speeds.
There's not much of a clue about where this 3000 job, a full time one at that, was open. But the listing floated up on the Higher Education job board. Ursinus College, an institution nearly 150 years old, is in Collegeville. Universities earn higher regard when they're older. Some business computer systems do as well.
Use our search engine to find 20 years
of HP 3000 news and articles
The comments to this entry are closed.