June 23, 2014
New search for 3000 expertise surfaces
New openings for HP 3000 production and development jobs are uncommon prizes by now. Contract firms have been known to solicit MPE help while making a migration happen. Application support suppliers need IT professionals who know the details of mission-critical software, too.
But every once in awhile, a company that's still dedicated to using MPE software sends the word out that it's hiring for HP 3000 and MPE specifics. Such is the case from Measurement Specialties. The location is at the company's Hampton Roads, Virginia headquarters. The job listing from Terry Simpkins, Director of Business Systems for the manufacturer which uses MANMAN, Fortran and VEsoft's MPEX and Security/3000 -- among other platform-specific tools such as TurboIMAGE -- describes both classic and specialized enterprise IT skills.
"The leading manufacturer of sensors and sensing systems" is seeking a Business Analyst.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Daily user training and support
- Participate in projects in all functional areas of the business
- Serve as backup support for HP3000 operations and nightly processing
Key skills and capabilities include:
- Strong MANMAN experience and expertise
- Ability to read Fortran and perform some level of programming
- Strong understanding of MPEX scripting and Security/3000 menus
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tasks
The organization says that "If you are interested in a challenging and exciting opportunity with a dynamic and growing company," please contact
Terry W. Simpkins
Director of Business Systems
Measurement Specialties, Inc.
1000 Lucas Way, Hampton, VA 23666
Office: +1 757-766-4278
Mobile: +1 757 532-5685
Use our search engine to find 20 years
of HP 3000 news and articles
The comments to this entry are closed.