October 29, 2013
CAMUS schedules manufacturing meeting on epic date for 3000 managers
Just about everyone left tending to an HP 3000 knows the day their plans for career and computing changed. Next month, the CAMUS manufacturing user group will have a call-in conference held on a significant 12th anniversary.
The regional meeting for managers who control ERP, MRP and manufacturing systems of any kind takes place on November 14. Ever since HP announced the end of its 3000 business plans in 2001, there have been many CAMUS meetings where representatives of companies such as Kenandy or Infor (software suppliers, cloud ERP and traditional) have presented to CAMUS users. This year's free meet will give the users the floor to talk about their best practices.
It's a free meeting, but you must register to get call-in information. The date and time, as well as the agenda, are out in the open as of this week. The conference calls starts at 10:30 Central Time (11:30 EST, 8:30 PST). It lasts 90 minutes on that Thursday.
A user group, in its classic and more useful format, gives members the means to better the practices of each other. After 12 years of life after HP's death of its 3000 business desire, the community will be teaching itself how to better manage manufacturing servers. All through those years, we've taken the bitter with some better.
Registration closes two weeks from today, on November 12. Sign up at the Sign Me Up Genius webpage.The organizer Terri Glendon Lanza said that questions and comments are welcome on many topics.
• Managing Multiple Organizations, Centralization, Consolidation, Differentiation
• Radio Frequency / Barcoding / Data Collection
• Reporting Tools / Business Intelligence / Big Data / Data Warehousing
• Electronic Forms Handling
• eCommerce / Web Interface / Cloud
• Connecting to other software packages (aka Surround Strategy)
• Accounting / Finance (Costing, Month-End-Close, SOX, Consolidated GL)
• Document Control - Master Data Management (Items, Boms, Routers, ECOs)
• Planning (RRP / MPS / MRP / CRP, Centralized for multiple organizations)
• Purchasing / Receiving / Centralized Purchasing
• Materials Handling (Inventory, Shipping & Logistics, Distribution Centers)
• Production Control (Work Order job shop or Repetitive (kanban) flow)
• Process Manufacturing and traceability
• Standard Operating Procedures
No more trying to figure out what runs on
MPE/iX or where to find it. No more worrying
about availability! www.MPE-OpenSource.org
is all things MPE/iX: Open Source packages,
freeware, scripting, plus loads of tools
and information to keep your 3000 system
alive and thriving!
The comments to this entry are closed.